2022 Level I Program Changes
Each year CFA Institute makes changes to the exam curriculum. This year there have been many updates throughout the Level I curriculum.
There are 60 readings in the 2022 Level I curriculum versus 57 in 2021.
- 2 readings from 2021 were dropped:
- R05 Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS)
- R07 Statistical Concepts and Market Returns
- 5 new readings were added:
- R02 Organizing, Visualizing, and Describing Data
- R07 Introduction to Linear Regression – moved from LII to LI
- R31 Capital Structure – moved from LII to LI
- R52 The Behavioral Biases of Individuals – moved from LIII to LI
- R60 Ethics Application – The reading presents a number of short cases that demonstrate how to apply the Code and Standards.
- 21 readings were updated.
- Ethics has been moved to the end.
- Corporate finance has been renamed to Corporate Issuers.
- Quantitative Methods, Corporate Issuers (earlier called corporate finance), Fixed Income, and Alternative Investments have major content revisions.
- Other topics have remained largely unchanged.
For details on what has been added, removed, or changed for Level I please see the chart here:
Level I 2021-2022 Program Changes
To learn more about the 2022 Level I exam and make your study strategy, watch our advice videos.
If you have any comments or questions please visit the IFT Help Desk.